Use this exercise for arm sessions and especially for your triceps.
This slightly leaning forward motion will give you a feeling of ease on the downswing. The bar gives you stability in the forearm, it is preferred if you like precise movements.
Here are the instructions for reverse extension with bar
- 1. Place a bar on a pulley machine in a way that you can push it in front of you and higher than your head. Then set the load.
- 2. In standing position, take the bar to push it away from the machine and in front of you.
- 3. Put one foot in front of you to stabilize yourself, lean the bust forward in a way that it is almost parallel to the ground.
- 4. Bend your elbows forward and then place the bar over your head, taking the bar with the back of your hands facing you and with a shoulder width spacing.
- 5. While exhaling, extend your elbows forward to push the bar in front of you.
- 6. While inhaling, bend your elbows forwards and return to their original position.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Reverse extension with bar : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Thumbs surround the bar for your safety.
- 2. Lock the elbow in a way to move only the joint but not its position.
- 3. Make sure you have enough space above your head to move the bar.
- 4. Be stable and without moving while exercising.
- 5. Keep your elbows tight inwards.