Be sitting will make exercise more difficult because you will not be able to push with your spine to stretch your arms. the triceps will be well in isolation phase.
This is a variant of the cable extension.
Read this instructions for the overhead seated neck extension
- 1. Plan a curved bar for triceps.
- 2. Sit on an incline bench, feet on the floor or on the sides of the bench. With your bar on the thighs.
- 3. Grab the bar with the back of your hands facing you.
- 4. Then position the bar over your head, taking it with a spacing shoulder width while bending your elbows forward. Your forearms are backwards.
- 5. While exhaling, extend your elbows up and on the same axis to raise the bar above your head.
- 6. While inhaling, bend your elbows further back and return to the initial position.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Overhead seated neck extension : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Contract your abs for more comfort, stability, and do not bend your back.
- 2. Keep your elbows on the same axis.
- 3. Do not look for too much amplitude in order to protect your ligaments.
- 4. Be stable and without moving during the exercise.
- 5. Keep your elbows tight inwards.
- 6. Do not accentuate the curvature of the back and do not bend it. If it's too heavy, lighten the load.