This isolation exercise will help you build a solid base for your shoulders especially for beginners. This allows you first to become familiar with the movement and to feel the stressed muscles at a vertical elevation making the deltoid work.
Here you will engage mainly the anterior deltoid.
Follow these performance guidelines for the military shoulder close grip with smith machine
- 1. Load a bar that is already installed and secured on the smith machine.
- 2. While standing, face one end of the bar in front of your chest.
- 3. Place the end of the bar between your palms facing each other.
- 4. Raising only your arms, raise the bar as high as possible.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
To work more on military shoulder close grip with smith machine, follow our tips, advice and techniques
- 1. Keep the body still (leg + bust).
- 2. Do not lean your back to the back.
- 3. Do not squeeze your palms too hard to avoid overloading your forearms.
- 4. Voluntarily contract your abs to stay cheered.