Here is a new variant that will intervene more on the average deltoid. It is important to vary the exercises and the angles of work in order to solicit each of your three deltoids : anterior, middle, posterior, of the shoulder.
This exercise allows you a better flexibility thanks to the band and will allow you to adapt according to your feeling on the movement.
Observe the instructions for band single arm side lateral raise
- 1. Attach a band at the bottom of a machine to pull upwards. Then set the load.
- 2. Stand upright and in profile.
- 3. Grasp the overhand grip (palm of the hand down) and extend your arm along the body.
- 4. Mount the handle sideways, extend the arm as far as possible from the body.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement and change sides to do the same movement with the same number of repetitions.
Follow our tips, advice and techniques for band single arm side lateral raise
- 1. Do not bend your back and stay straight. Be still during the exercise.
- 2. Tighten your arm to use only your shoulder.
- 3. Do not lean forwards or backwards and look ahead.
- 4. Do not go over shoulder height when climbing to avoid conflict with your acromion (bone).
- 5. Keep the descent as much as possible when you return to position, to be more efficient and work in eccentric phase.
- 6. Keep the same axis in the ascent of your ams, the same as your shoulder.