This exercise also engages your abdominals, trapezius and triceps in a secondary way. They come in to help the movement.
Adapt your dumbbells according to your abilities, do not try to work too heavy to finish your series. Increase step by step the charge for your safety.
The difficulty lies in the rotation.
To achieve the military shoulder with rotation, here are the instructions
- 1. Have a dumbbell in each hand in pronation (with the back of your hands facing you).
- 2. Sit on a bench inclined at 90 ° with the back pressed against the seat or respecting your natural curve.
- 3. Then mount the dumbbells at the shoulder with the elbows bent on the sides.
- 4. Push the dumbbells up without bumping them. Here is the starting position.
- 5. While lowering the dumbbells, rotate the wrists so that your thumbs are out.
- 6. Push up the dumbbells and reverse the rotation, that is means turn the thumbs from the outside to the inside in the up position.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Follow these tips, advice and techniques to improve on the military shoulder with rotation
- 1. Do not round your back while exercising.
- 2. Be careful not to lean forward with the weight of the dumbbells.
- 3. Always make the movement on the same vertical axis and aligned with your shoulders.
- 4. Do not look for maximum amplitude, look instead for progress on the movement over seances.
- 5. To help you, imagine your arms coming towards your head.
- 6. If the dumbbells are too heavy, ask for assistance to put yourself in position or place the dumbbells on your thighs and mount them one by one by pushing with your legs up.
- 7. Surround the dumbbells with your thumbs so they do not slip.