The military shoulder press is a must to strengthen your shoulders, for this movement you will work the deltoids. To vary the deltoid beams, you have to change the working angles, forwards you will strengthen the anterior deltoid and backwards the posterior deltoid.
This exercise also engages your abdominals, traps and triceps in a secondary way. They just step in to help at the right movement.
Check out the performance instructions before doing your military shoulder on smith machine
- 1. Set a load on the bar, which is placed at eye level (approximately) on the machine and plan a 90 ° bench.
- 2. Sit on the bench with both feet on the ground, first raise the bar to unlock the safety and position the bar so that your elbows are level with your shoulders.
- 3. Start your series by pushing the bar upwards while exhaling.
- 4. While controlling the movement and your breathing (inspiration), go back to the initial position.
- 5. Chain your reps according to your series.
Here are the tips, advice and techniques to follow for the military shoulder press on smith machine
- 1. Do not round your back during exercise.
- 2. Let the machine guide you for your movement.
- 3. Do not stretch your arms as much as possible when climbing, like when descending, do not go down to the full range to stay in muscle tension. However try according to your abilities, to lower the bar under the chin.
- 4. To go further on safety, your thumbs surround the bar to prevent slipping off of your hands.
- 5. The shoulders and elbows are movable during exercise, your wrists and fingers also slide for movement, let them follow the movement.
- 6. Keep your head perpendicular to the bust with a straight look in front of you.