Here is a terribly effective variant. You are the main actor on this movement. Regarding the position you are in permanent abdominal contraction, there is also a slight contraction on the lumbar to help not to drop your bust forward nor to bend your back. The upper back is also engaged to help the movement.
Regarding the dumbbells you are in total control on the elevation and it is up to you to define the weight. To work in strength or muscle endurance or hypertrophy.
Follow the instructions for standing rear delt
- 1. Arrange a dumbbell that you will take in each hand in neutral grip with the palms facing each other.
- 2. Put yourself in the starting position: the feet are at the width of the pelvis, the knees are slightly bent so as not to overload the lumbar. The dumbbells are on each side of the body.
- 3. Tilt the bust (90 ° in the ideal, watch the video) forward while keeping it as flat as possible.
- 4. Raise the dumbbells sideways and simultaneously and move up to align the wrists elbows and shoulders in the ideal.
- 5. Lower the arms by controlling the movement and return to the starting position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Here is a list of tips, advice and techniques to help you on the standing rear delt
- 1. The back is leaning forward but remains flat, imagine a straight line from the bottom of your back to the top of your head.
- 2. Do not pull with your back and do not go over shoulder height with dumbbells.
- 3. Leave your elbows moving according to the movement, do not try to control them.
- 4. You should not overload your forearms, the dumbbells should not be too tight.
- 5. Do not raise your hands during exercise, keep your palms down and do not move your wrists.