This movement allows you to sculpt the top of your body : shoulders, traps, back, it is ithe deal for a combined exercise.
Control is the key to success in this exercise. Be specific and you will be effective.
Read this list of instructions carefully for the upright row with dumbbell
- 1. Have a dumbbell in each hand and put yourself in the starting position : feet to the width of the pelvis, knees slightly bent, abdominals contracted.
- 2. Take the dumbbell in neutral grip (palm inward) and leave your arms at your sides.
- 3. When you raise your elbows, raise the dumbbells as high as possible according to how you feel towards the chin.
- 4. Slowly descend to the starting position, keeping the same axis and dumbbells close to the body.
Check out our tips, advice and techniques for upright row with dumbbell
- 1. Do not pull with your back, do not lean back.
- 2. Do not break your wrists : do not turn them forward during exercise
- 3. Do not let the weight of the dumbbells hang down and pull on your joints, always control the movement and keep some bending at the elbow during the descent.
- 4. Only mount elbows and leave flexibility in your shoulders. Never go over your head with your elbows.
- 5. Do not continue your series if there is pain in your shoulder. favor an identical movement with dumbbell or unilateral (see variants).
- 6. Do not try to climb too high to avoid injury.