Here is a new classic exercise, the pull over. It is practiced with dumbbells and particularly strengthens the bust. Both the pectoralis major and the lats. Passing secondarily by the anterior serrated and triceps.
It is a polyarticular exercise particularly effective for all types of sports (swimming, tennis, gym ...). It reinforces your bust (pectoral and back) on the anterior and posterior chains at the same time.
For beginners, we advise you to train with light loads at the beginning and then increase gradually.
Like all bodybuilding exercises, it is important to optimize your diet plan.
Follow these instructions to perform the pull over with resistance band
- 1. Set the load on the machine and plan a dumbbell tied with a rubber band for resistance.
- 2. Lie on the seat by having the back plated or natural curvature. The feet are on the ground and the knees bent at 90 ° or on the sides of the bench. Choose according to your comfort.
- 3. Take the dumbbell so that your palms are under the top of the dumbbell.
- 4. Position the dumbbell over your head with arms extended. Here is the starting position.
- 5. Control the movement and lower the shoulders and dumbbell behind your head.
- 6. Return to starting position by replacing the dumbbell above the gaze.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
To go further, here are the tips, advice and techniques of the pull over with resistance band
- 1. Take care with your breathing, never block it during exercise, inhale during the descent and exhale with effort to raise the dumbbell.
- 2. Be careful about placing your lower back. Be careful not to dig your back too much when you lower the dumbbell behind your head.
- 3. Make sure the resistance of the elastic is present and increasing from the descent to the maximum draft.
- 4. Keep your head resting on the bench to protect your neck.
- 5. With a slight bend in the elbows, keep your arms as tight as possible throughout the exercise and your feet firmly on the floor.
- 6. Choose the most comfortable posture for your back in the legs. Adapt it according to the curvature of the back. If he digs, raise the legs on the sides of the bench.
- 7. Do not amplify the movement too much, keep a comfortable amplitude and do not try to go too far (neither in front nor behind).