Working your back is essential for your posture, having a broad and powerful back. It is very important to vary angles and work exercises to optimize your muscles.
The vertical pull is a good exercise to develop your back, it is part of the classic exercises of the upper body sessions. Very popular and used in fitness room.
This compound movement will work mainly on your lats. Also secondary muscles such as: the abdominals, the biceps, the shoulders and your upper back.
Like all your bodybuilding exercises, it is important to optimize your diet plan.
This is the instructions for the lat pull : how to do
- 1. Set the load on the machine and attach a bar high enough to pull it down.
- 2. Grab the bar with the back of your hands facing you and with a shoulder width spacing.
- 3. Then sit on the seat, letting your arms stretch.
- 4. While inhaling, pull your arms, down and on the same axis, contracting your lats. Bring the center of the bar as low as possible toward the center of the chest.
- 5. While controlling the climb, return to the starting position.Remontez le plus possible en tendant les bras au maximum.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The lat pull : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The breathing during the movement is reversed, inhale when you pull down the bar. Exhale when you go up.
- 2. Tighten your shoulder blades voluntarily during the concentric phase (descent).
- 3. Make slow movements, and wait for a pause time when the bar touches the chest.
- 4. Keep the return phase as much as possible, control the movement on the eccentric phase (when you release to return to the initial position).
- 5. Do not over-tighten the bar to avoid overloading your forearms.
- 6. Do not lock elbows.
- 7. Pass the bar in front of your head and not on the neck.
- 8. For your comfort you can lean the bust back while keeping a flat back.