The traction is the flagship exercise of the back, it is very effective and can target all the muscles of the upper back. Difficult for beginners, the axis of progression is slow but very effective and proportional to your training. It should include all your upper body sessions.
Here, it is a easier variant resulting in resistance thanks to an elastic. Very useful for the eccentric phase.
This is the instructions for pull up with band and how to do
- 1. First, tie a band or elastic to the center of the bar and let it hang down.
- 2. Place yourself under or a pull up bar, grab it, with the back of your hands facing you, with a wider spread than the shoulders.
- 3. Let the body hang completely, the arms are fully extended. Then bend your legs to get the rubber band under your shins (see video).
- 4. While inhaling, pull your body upward by pulling in your wrist and contracting your big dorsal. Try to mount the chin above the bar.
- 5. Exhale, then while controlling the descent, return to the starting position. Get down as much as possible by stretching out your arms.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Pull up with band : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The breathing during the movement is reversed, inhale when you pull yourself up. Exhale when you go down.
- 2. Tighten your shoulder blades voluntarily during the concentric (up) phase.
- 3. Make slow movements, hold the contraction, chin above the bar.
- 4. Keep the return phase as much as possible, control the movement on the eccentric phase (when you release to return to the initial position).
- 5. Do not over-tighten the bar to avoid overloading your forearms.