Here it is a variation because the grip is neutral and the movement is unilateral. The grip will accentuate the work on the back and will engage more lumbar. It will thus be necessary to be vigilant on the posture and remain sheathed.
This is the instructions for the horizontal pull machine and how to do
- 1. Set the load on the machine and sit on the seat with the cushion on the chest. To adjust the seat: the handles are at chest height or slightly higher.
- 2. Grasp the handle with the palm of your hand in neutral grip and stand straight. Contract your abs.
- 3. Pull the handle back while keeping the elbow close to the body.
- 4. While controlling the return, return to the initial position by moving the handle forward.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement the number of times you want, then switch sides.
Horizontal pull machine : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Breath during movement is reversed, inhale as you pull the handle backwards. Exhale when you release.
- 2. Tighten your shoulder blades voluntarily during the concentric phase (pulling).
- 3. Make slow movements, and wait for a pause time when you reach maximum amplitudes.
- 4. Keep the return phase as much as possible, control the movement on the eccentric phase (when you release to return to the initial position).
- 5. Do not overtighten the handle to avoid overloading your biceps and forearms.
- 6. Do not lock the elbow.