This isolation exercise will strengthen your obliques. It is reserved for people of advanced level, having a center of the body and side chains well reinforced.
This is the instructions for hanging side crunch
- 1. Provide a pull up bar or a fixed bar suspended in height.
- 2. Grab the bar with the back of your hands facing you.
- 3. Bring your legs up to the pelvis height.
- 4. Then tilt to have the parallel back and the legs perpendicular to the ground.
- 5. Then swing like a pendulum. Lower both legs grouped on one side in the pelvis alignment.
- 6. Reassemble your legs in the center of the pelvis taking a deep breath.
- 7. Go down the legs in the same way on the other side.
- 8. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Hanging side crunch : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Aspire your belly button to help you to get sheathed.
- 2. Breathing is important on this exercise, when you lower your legs to one side: exhale. Inhale when you bring your legs back to the center of the body.
- 3. During your series, do not stop, continue your movement without ever stopping to maintain the abdominal contraction.
- 4. Slow down the movement when you lower your legs.
- 5. Do not stretch your legs to the maximum, except to put more difficulty. It's an option.
- 6. Keep the bust parallel to the ground during the movement.
- 7. Imagine windshield wipers to help you.