Dumbbell flat bench press is classified in the compulsory exercices to growing chest. A popular grassroots movement, indispensable and konwn by all lifters.This compound and polyarticular exercise mainly works the chest muscles : the small and the large pectoralis.
As well as secondary muscles such as the anterior deltoid located internally of the shoulder and triceps. It will also strenghten the muscles of your bust.
Dumbbell flat bench press instructions
- 1. Started seated with dumbbells on your knees.
- 2. Start the motion by lying down while raising and bending your knees, and guide the dumbbells so that they are in the axis of your sternum.
- 3. Plate your back on the bench or keep a natural curvature. Put your legs on the floor or on the bench sides if your back is bent.
- 4. Inhale deeply and gently lower dumbbells in the center of your chest.
- 5. Raise the bar in the starting position by focusing your attention on your chest.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Dumbbell flat bench press : techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Respect elbow-shoulders alignment throughout the execution. Think to have a assistant if you are a beginner or for heavy loads.
- 2. The elbows are aligned with the shoulders and the wrists are neutral.
- 3. The tumb is around the grip for security.
- 4. Stabilize your pelvis by contracting the glutes and maintaining pressure on the ground (or on the edges of the bench) with the feet.
- 5. Tighten your pecs and imagine getting your wrists closer to each other
- 6. Think to stay sheathed and contract the abs for more stability.