Working your back is essential for your posture, having a broad and powerful back. It is very important to vary angles and work exercises to optimize your muscles.
The vertical pull is a good exercise to develop your back, it is part of the classic exercises of the upper body sessions. Very popular and used in fitness room.
Here it is a variation because the handle is in supination, the biceps thus intervenes in the movement.
The supine grip will give you a slight advantage over your strength and the exercise will seem easier.
This is the instructions for the pull down narrow overhand grip and how to do
- 1. Set the load on the machine and attach a handle (or a pull triangle) allowing the supination and pulling down.
- 2. Grasp the handle with the palms facing you and tightly.
- 3. Then sit on the seat, letting your arms stretch.
- 4. While inhaling, pull your arms, down and on the same axis, contracting your big dorsals. Bring the center of the bar as low as possible toward the center of the chest.
- 5. While controlling the ascent, return to the starting position. Get up as much as possible by stretching out your arms.
- 6. Continue your series with the desired numbers.
The pull down narrow overhand grip : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The breathing during the movement is reversed, inhale when you pull down the handle. Exhale when you go up.
- 2. Tighten your shoulder blades voluntarily during the concentric (up) phase.
- 3. Make slow movements, and wait for a break time when the handle touches the chest.
- 4. Keep the return phase as much as possible, control the movement on the eccentric phase (when you release to return to the initial position).
- 5. Do not over-tighten the handle to avoid overloading your biceps.
- 6. Do not lock elbows.