This isolation exercise will strengthen all parts of your abs by isolating one side then the other of your obliques. Of course the transverse and the rectus abdominis are fully engaged.
Here raising your knees will also make you work psoas, these muscles are very sensitive in general during this movement when it is practiced in gym.
This is the instructions for the Tap Crunch
- 1. Lie down completely on the floor and place your right hand on your head. The left arm is on the ground along the body.
- 2. While exhaling, take off the head, the bust, bring your right elbow and your left knee towards each other. Your knee bends to reach the elbow. Imagine a diagonal between the two.
- 3. Then return to the starting position without touching the ground for both parts (elbow and knee). Unfold your knee, extend the leg and elbow away from the bust.
- 4. (Read tips and advice before performing the move)
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
- 6. Once done, do the same thing with the opposites (left elbow, right leg)
The Tap Crunch
- 1. The abs are always in contractions, from the beginning to the end of the exercise.
- 2. Peel off the shoulder blade that is moving, and do not place the shoulder blade, elbow, leg, or head on the ground during exercise.
- 3. Keep the pelvis on the ground.
- 4. Feel free to put your hands behind your neck to relieve yourself.
- 5. Move the knee and elbow closer together to maximize the contraction.
- 6. The elbows are open and on the outside.