Rowing allows you to better isolate the upper back and allow better movement in the shoulder joint.
We advise you to train on guided machines for beginners to prepare your back to the rowing bar.
For all your workouts, it is important to adapt your diet plan.
The instructions for the smith machine barbell row and how to do
(Read the instructions, tips and tricks, and watch the video several times before doing the exercise).
- 1. Set the load on the power bar and plan a ground step in the center of a machine.
- 2. Place the feet on the step with a pelvis width spacing.
- 3. Flex your hip according to your flexibility : that is mean, bend the bust forward by tilting your pelvis backwards and keeping your back flat (straight without bending it).
- 4. Then bend your knee until your hands are able to catch the bar. You have your back flat and leaned, your eyes aligned with your position, your hips and knees bent.
- 5. Raise the bar to your chest by bending your elbows back and closest to your body.
- 6. Then return to the initial position by extending your arms and holding the bar as much as possible.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The smith machine barbell row : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. We advise you to control the hip flexion before performing this movement. If you are a beginner, practice first with a moderate weight or on a guided machine.
- 2. Control the movement throughout the exercise.
- 3. Do not use your back to raise the bar. Never pull with your back.
- 4. Align your cervical spine with the spine.
- 5. Bring the chest up and tighten your shoulder blades.
- 6. Throughout the exercise, the heels must remain anchored to the ground.
- 7. The elbows are as close as possible to the body to further engage the lats.
- 8. The knees are slightly bent in order to not overload the lumbar.