If you are used to the military shoulder press with bar, we offer this dumbbell variant.
More difficult to execute in the movement, she will work more deeply on your deltoids, she will test your strength and endurance strength. Fight against gravity and keep the pace.
To achieve the dumbbell shoulder press, here are the instructions for execution
- 1. Have a dumbbell in each hand in pronation (with the back of your hands facing you).
- 2. Sit on a bench inclined at 90 ° with the back pressed against the seat or respecting your natural curve.
- 3. Then mount the dumbbells at the shoulder heigh, with the elbows bent on the sides.
- 4. Push the dumbbells up without bumping them.
- 5. Go back down to return to the home position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Follow these tips, advice and techniques to improve on the dumbbell shoulder press
- 1. Take care of your back, do not round it.
- 2. Focus your attention on the movement so you do not lean forward with the dumbbells.
- 3. Always make the movement on the same vertical axis and aligned with your shoulders.
- 4. Stay in permanent muscle tension, for this do not reach your maxmum amplitudes, reach 80% is enough.
- 5. To help you, imagine your arms coming towards your head.
- 6. If the dumbbells are heavy, ask for assistance to put yourself in position or place the dumbbells on your thighs and one by one climb them by pushing with your leg up.