The squat is one of the best bodybuilding exercises, alone it makes work more than 250 muscles. He will work mainly the muscles of the lower body and the bust. It is an indicator of performance in certain disciplines. Very recommended for your workouts, it is complementary for all your sessions.
Here it is a variant of the classic squat, the double squat includes a "rebound" that can be described as second contraction. It causes more contraction on the glutes. This exercise can be used for all your leg sessions and especially if you want to focus on the glutes.
And in a secondary way your calves, ischios and lumbar.
Instructions for the double squat
- 1. Slowly, bend your knees without moving forward to lower your body and without leaning forward, tilt your pelvis to push your buttocks backwards. The hips also go backwards to accompany the movement.
- 2. Then go down according to your flexibility. Then, judge 80% of your maximum amplitude, then go up slightly then go down again and immediately (see video).
- 3. Once in full amplitude after the "rebound", push in your legs, your heels and contract the buttocks to go back to the initial position.
- 4. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The double squat : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The toes and knees are toward the outside.
- 2. Make slow movements and use break times at the bottom and top of the exercise.
- 3. Your buttocks are going backwards as if you are sitting on a chair.
- 4. Voluntarily contract your glutes and look upward when climbing.
- 5. Do not bend your back.