Here, it is a variant with option reserved for people of intermediate level because of decreasing weights. Indeed, there is no break time, the series are chained in a successive manner by decreasing step by step the weights.
The advantage of using degressive series is to optimize the intensity of a muscle group in order to stimulate it more strongly. This technique is generally used to fill a muscle weakness.
Pronation involves less biceps, you lose a little strength in favor of better insulation on the back.
Like all your bodybuilding exercises, it is important to optimize your diet plan.
This is the instructions for the rowing machine dropset and how to do
- 1. Set the load on the machine and sit on the seat with the cushion on the top of the abs. To adjust the seat : the handles are at chest height or slightly higher.
- 2. Grasp the handle with the palms in overhand grip (palm on top) and stand straight. Contract your abs.
- 3. Pull the handles back by tightening your shoulder blades and focusing your attention on the lats.
- 4. While controlling the return, go back to the initial position by moving the handles forward.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement, then once the desired number of repetitions, remove one by one the weights before going on to the next series.
Degressive rowing machine : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Breath during movement is reversed, inhale as you pull the handles backwards. Exhale when you release.
- 2. Tighten your shoulder blades voluntarily during the concentric phase (pulling).
- 3. Make slow movements, and wait for a pause time when you reach maximum amplitudes.
- 4. Keep the return phase as much as possible, control the movement on the eccentric phase (when you release to return to the initial position).
- 5. Do not over-tighten the handles to avoid overloading your forearms.
- 6. Do not lock elbows.
- 7. Keep your lower back still.
- 8. Do not raise your shoulders.
- 9. Remove the weights quickly to resume as soon as possible.