Here is an excellent exercise to develop the outer part of your biceps, also called the long portion.
Here are the instructions for standing dumbbell curl
- 1. Have a dumbbell in each supine hand (palms up). While standing, stand upright and let your arms extended.
- 2. Choose one side and then raise the dumbbell as high as possible towards the shoulder by contracting the biceps.
- 3. Release the tension, control the movement and lower the dumbbell to return to the initial position.
- 4. Continue your series by repeating the movement. Do the same with your other arms.
Tips, advice, techniques, well tell everything about standing dumbbell curl
- 1. Do not pull with your back, keep motionless throughout the series.
- 2. It is better to charge lighter to perform well rather than pulling on your back. Adapt your charges.
- 3. Only the forearm moves, do not use your shoulder.
- 4. The elbows are fixed throughout the movement.
- 5. Keep some bending in the elbow when you lower the dumbbell.
- 6. Look in front of you and do not lean your head down.
- 7. Control all the movement.