This is a variation of the Classic bench press with a tilt that will focus on the top of your chest which is often the weakest part of the chest. It is possible to include this movement in your sessions dedicated to the body top.
Work with this exercise, your pecs, your shoulders and your triceps at the same time.
Barbell incline chest press instructions
- 1. Lie down with your head flat, shoulder blades tight and flat on the bench. The back is stretched and placed on the bench.
- 2. Grab the bar by placing your hands slightly wider than the shoulders.
- 3. While inhaling, slowly lower the bar just above the top of your chest.
- 4. While exhaling, raise the bar by extending elbows in the axis of the chest and parallel to it.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Barbell incline chest press techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Keep your back stretched throughout the exercise. It's important for your safety.
- 2. Do not stretch your elbows as much as you can. Keep a minimum of flexion.
- 3. Thumbs surround the bar to lock its position.
- 4. Stabilize the pelvis by contracting the glutes and abdominals while maintaining pressure on the ground (or on the bench sides) with the feet.
- 5. The elbows are flexible and bent on the descent. Be sure to keep the same axis when pushing and lowering.
- 6. Think to be accompanied to make sure you have your back tight at the beginning of the exercise and for heavy loads.