Here is an original exercise that allows you to work on your chest. This is a beginner level, however we advise you to build a good muscle base in the chest before you can fully execute this movement that may seem difficult especially at the level of the small pec engaged on the spread.
Horizontal cable fly on the bench instructions
- 1. Select the weight you will use for the exercise.
- 2. Sit with your back firmly against the seat. Look straight ahead to protect your neck.
- 3. Lock your position by contracting the abs and maintaining pressure with your feet in the ground.
- 4. Take a single cable and pull it close to your chest, the position of your arm is almost stretched in front of you at chest height. Do the same for the second cable.
- 5. With your palms facing each other, move your arms back slowly.
- 6. Tight your arms on a horizontal line at chest height.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Horizontal cable fly on the bench : different techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Do not bump your hands when tightening the cable handles.
- 2. Do not bend your elbows as tightly as possible. Keep a minimum of bending for your safety.
- 3. Do not back your arms too far, do not make too much amplitude. Do it according to your shoulder flexibility.
- 4. Your movement must be done with the stable pelvis, abs and glutes contracted.
- 5. Keep your back straight or with your natural arch against the seat.
- 6. Block the position at the front for further contraction on the pecs.