The lying hip extension is an exercise of insulation of the glutes, here you are lying and it puts more muscle tension on your glutes during the contraction.
You perform a hip extension to the back, it also causes the hamstrings but in a secondary way. Remember to contract voluntarily and visualize your glutes at the effort.
Here are the instructions for lying hip extension
- Lie down on your stomach, the entire bust on a flat bench. The upper part of the body is entirely on the bench. Open the legs to leave the bench between them (see video).
- Bend your knees at 90 ° keeping your thighs down. The soles are in the direction of the ceiling.
- While exhaling and contracting the glutes, raise your legs up keeping your knees bent.
- Once up, lower your legs (knees still bent) to the initial position.
- Continue your series by repeating the movement
To go further, here are tips, advice and techniques for lying hip extension.
- Do not move the lower back, the pelvis is pressed against the seat, only the legs and buttocks move.
- Do not raise your head, keep it down or flat on the bench
- The knees are fixed during the exercise.
- Think about an image of a "kick" upside down.