The shrug of the shoulders will be your asset to strengthen your traps effectively.
This isolation exercise allows you to strengthen the upper part and will be more effective on the upper and middle beams of traps
Standing dumbbell shrug instructions
- 1. Have a dumbbell in each hand of the weight you want to use.
- 2. In a standing up position, with your back straight or with your natural arch, let the dumbbells hang on each side of the body with your arms extended.
- 3. Make a shrug in the direction of the ceiling and hold the contraction for a second.
- 4. Release slowly and return to the starting position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The techniques, tips and advice for standing dumbbell shrug
- 1. The position of the hands is neutral and face to face.
- 2. Lift your shoulders upwards and only in this direction.
- 3. Focus on shrugging and pausing times to maximize gains.
- 4. Imagine a straight thread that pulls your shoulders up.
- 5. Do not move your head forward and look ahead.