The shrug of the shoulders will be your asset to strengthen your traps effectively. Be sitting more effectively isolates the muscle because you will not be able to use your back or spine to raise your dumbbells.
This isolation exercise allows you to strengthen the upper part and will be more effective on the upper and middle beams of traps
Seated dumbbell schrug instructions
- 1. Have a dumbbell in each hand of the weight you want to use.
- 2. Sit on a flat bench with your back straight or with your natural arch and let the dumbbells hang on each side of your body with your arms extended.
- 3. Make a shrug in the direction of the ceiling and hold the contraction for a second.
- 4. Release slowly and return to the starting position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The techniques, tips and advice for seated dumbbell schrug
- 1. The position of the hands is neutral and face to face.
- 2. Lift your shoulders upwards and only in this direction.
- 3. Focus on shrugging and pausing times to maximize gains.
- 4. Imagine a straight thread that pulls your shoulders up.
- 5. Do not move your head forward and look ahead.