Your traps is used every day and can protect against kind back problems in compensation of a muscular deficiency. Also on the problems of neck, on the angular muscles the traps will intervene in case of need. Strengthening this area of the blow is therefore imperative to maintain both good mobility of the upper back area and neck.
This isolation exercise allows you to strengthen the upper part and will be more effective on the upper and middle beams of trapezoids.
Instructions for back shrug
- 1. Set the weight you want to use on the bar.
- 2. Crouch down to get the bar behind you. The palms of the hands are towards the back.
- 3. Lie down your knees and push into your thighs to get up. Your arms are stretched and the bar at the buttocks behind you.
- 4. From this starting position, shrug your shoulders to raise the bar as straight as possible behind you.
- 5. Release and return to the starting position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Techniques, tips and advice for back shrug
- 1. Lift your shoulders up only in that direction, do not try to use your arms.
- 2. Focus on shrugging and pausing to maximize gains.
- 3. Imagine a straight thread that pulls your shoulders up.
- 4. Do not move your head forward and look ahead.
- 5. Getting into the starting position is not easy, ask for help to grab the bar on your back.
- 6. Use only the flexion extension of your knees to retrieve the bar. Do not pull with your back.
- 7. Thumbs around the bar to secure it.