The leg curl isolates hamstrings. It is often used during a leg session.
This movement works the muscles of the hamstrings: namely the biceps femoris, semi membranous and semi tendinous.
Good instructions and positions for seated leg curl
- 1. Set the load that you want to use on the machine.
- 2. Install your back on the seat, the pelvis well at the back, your hands on the handles, and the back of the heels on the provided cushion.
- 3. Flex your knees by pressing on the cushion and feel a muscle connection at the back of your thighs.
- 4. Slowly release the tension and go back to the initial position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement
Severals techniques, tips, and advice for seated leg curl
- 1. Legs are stretched in starting position.
- 2. Hold the handless well to help to stabilize yourself.
- 3. Do not bend your back and stay flat against the seat.
- 4. Mark breaks on the descent.
- 5. Keep mobility at the knees.