Squat is one of the best bodybuilding exercises. He will work mainly the muscles of the lower body and the torso. It is an indicator of performance in certain disciplines. Very recommended for your workouts, it is complementary for all your sessions.
The quadriceps are the largest visible part of the thighs, it is also the largest muscle of the human body. Knee extensors, they are used daily and have great importance in lower body sessions.
This compound exercise fully reinforces your quadriceps : right femoral, vast intermediate, vast lateral, vast médial and secondary your calves, ischios, glutes and lumbar.
The use of a bar may seem heavy at the shoulders, so it is recommended to use a cushion in this case.
Instructions for squat
- 1.Place the bar at shoulder height on a rack intended for the squat. Then set the load on the bar.
- 2. Place yourself under the bar, taking care to lower your head, the feet are slightly more spaced than the width of the shoulders and the knees slightly bent.
- 3. The bar is placed on the fleshy part of the shoulders, that is to say on the upper back.
- 4. Grab the bar with your hands (palms up) with a wider grip than your shoulders and thumbs surround the bar.
- 5. Push in your legs to raise the bar, and remove the safety if there is one. Then take a step back to clear the station.
- 6. Slowly bend your knees without moving them forward to lower your body. Tilt your pelvis to push your buttocks backwards. The hips also go backwards to accompany the movement.
- 6. Then go down according to your flexibility. Once down, move up pushing in your legs and heels in the same axis as the previous phase.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Squat : several techniques, tips, and advice
- 1. We advise you to warm up with squats at the weight of body then with the bar without loads before your sessions.
- 2. The toes and knees are towards the outside.
- 3. Perform slow movements and use break times at the bottom and top of the exercise.
- 4. Your buttocks are going backwards as if you are sitting on a chair.
- 5. Voluntarily contract your glutes and look upward when climbing.
- 6. Do not bend your back.
- 7. Do not put the bar on your neck.
- 8. Do not go down too low if you are a beginner to plan the ascent.