The hack squat is a new variation of the classic squat. Easy to use it will be just as effective.
Why did I use a band ?
No, it's not to make things easier.
Adding a reverse band increases the benefits of the exercise.
What do I mean by that? Have you ever noticed how the most difficult part of a squat is in the phase where you try to take off when you are at the very bottom, and once you have passed a certain degree, you feel considerably more comfortable ? Well, the bands eliminate that once set correctly. They reach where the perceived resistance is the same for the whole part of the movement.
How to place your tapes correctly? You install them where, when you reach the end of the concentric phase, they can not help you at all, and they really do not start to be solicited until halfway through the rehearsal (see the last rehearsal of my rehearsal). heavy series).
This is the instructions for the hack squat
- 1. Set the load on the machine.
- 2. Place yourself on the machine: the back against the seat, your shoulders under the cushions provided, and the feet on the board with a width of the hips or shoulders according to your flexibility. The knees are slightly bent.
- 3. Raise the station to remove safety.
- 4. Grab the handles and lower your body by bending your knees 90 degrees.
- 5. Once down, push in your heels and legs by voluntarily contracting the glutes to go back to the original position.
- 6. Continue by repeating the movement.
The hack squat : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. We advise you to warm up with body weight squats.
- 2. Perform slow movements and use break times at the bottom and top of the exercise.
- 3. Stay against the machine and do not bend your back.
- 4. Voluntarily contract your glutes and look upward when climbing.
- 5. Do not go down too low if you are a beginner to previous the ascent.