Here it's a reverse hack squat , hence its name. You will work both your quadriceps and your ischios if you hold back of the descent.
Practicing this exercise on a machine is the best way to build a good muscle base and learn the right movement to avoid any injuries.
This compound exercise fully strengthens your quadriceps: right femoral, vast intermediate, vast lateral and vast medial. And secondary your abdominals, adductors, calves, ischios, glutes and lower back.
This is the instructions for reverse hack squat
- 1. Set the load on the machine.
- 2. Place yourself on the machine: the torso against the seat, your shoulders under the cushions provided, and the feet on the tray with a width of the hips or shoulders according to your flexibility. The knees are slightly bent.
- 3. Raise the station to remove safety.
- 4. Grab the handles and lower your body by bending your knees 90 degrees.
- 5. Once down, push in your heels and legs by voluntarily contracting the glutes to go back to the original position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The reverse hack squat : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. We advise you to warm up with body weight squats.
- 2. Perform slow movements and use break times at the bottom and top of the exercise.
- 3. Do not lock your knees or stretch them as much as possible.
- 4. Do not go down too low if you are a beginner to previous the ascent.