Variation of the classic dumbbell press, it allows to isolate the pectorals. It has an aesthetic purpose and will not be optimal for you to increase your muscle strength. its work will help the upper part of the chest.
Incline dumbbell fly : instructions
- 1. Take your dumbbells, palms facing each other, before sitting on the inclined seat. And place them on the thighs.
- 2. To put yourself in position, help your thighs to mount the dumbbells one by one at the center of your chest and lie on the incline bench. Then rest your feet on the ground.
- 3. Place the dumbbells above your chest with arms extended.
- 4. While inhaling, spread your arms outward and align your elbows with the pecs.
- 5. While exhaling, go back to the original position by bringing the dumbbells above the chest.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Incline dumbbell fly : techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The wrists are neutral throughout the exercise. Do not overtighten the dumbbells to avoid overloading the forearms.
- 2. The wrists are neutral throughout the exercise. Do not overtighten the dumbbells to avoid overloading the forearms.
- 3. Tighten your shoulder blades on the descending phase.
- 4. Stabilize the pelvis by contracting the glutes and abdominals. So by maintaining a pressure on the ground (or on the edges of the bench) with the feet.
- 5. Do not hit the dumbbells.