The close grip push upemphasize the inside of the pecs and will further engage the triceps. This is a more difficult variant than the conventional pump.
Discover the instructions for close grip push up
- 1. Put yourself in the plank position on the ground and on the tip of the feet, the body parallel to the ground.
- 2. Place your hands under the chest center, below the level of the shoulder height and join both thumbs.
- 3. Stick the elbows as much as possible to the body.
- 4. Stay sheathed, align the shoulders, pelvis, knees and ankles on the same axis.
- 5. Inhale deeply and slowly lower your whole body just above the ground. The chest may touch the ground slightly.
- 6. Return slowly to the starting position by pushing in the palms of the hands.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Work harder with our techniques, tips and advice for close grip push up
- 1. Tighten up your hands to amplify the contraction of your pecs (internal part) and your triceps.
- 2. Keep your elbows close and if possible glued to the body.
- 3. Perform the full amplitude motion to get a better job.
- 4. Contract the glutes to stabilize the pelvis. The pelvis is aligned with the shoulders and the knee-ankle axis over the entire exercise.
- 5. Add a blocking time at the top and bottom of the position for more effort.
- 6. Vary the speed of movement according to the sessions for muscle fibers.
- 7. Finish on the knees rather than give up the series.