With this movement you target the glutes, very common for this muscle group it is an essential exercise for all your leg sessions including glutes.
The pelvis extension is widely used in the gym and group lessons, it insulates your glutes and engages in a secondary way the abs, hamstrings, calves and quadriceps.
Plan a balloon as material.
Here are the instructions to perform the hip extension on the floor
- 1. Lie down on the ground, placing the ball behind your neck and the top of the traps. You can also place the upper back on the ball and hold in position keeping your back in contact with the ball. The pelvis is on the ground.
- 2. Bend the knees at 90 °, the feet are at a pelvic width spacing and anchored to the ground. Place your hands along the body and on the ground. Here is the starting position.
- 3. Voluntarily contract the glutes to raise your hips to the knees or shoulders according to your placement and feel.
- 4. Inhale and lower the hips again to return to the starting position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Tips, advice, techniques to improve your hip extension on the floor
- 1. Your abs must be permanently contracted during exercise.
- 2. During the contraction, bring the hips up to the shoulders
- 3. Extra difficulty option: add one or more heartbeats at maximum amplitude.
- 4. If you feel pain in the lower back, remember to exhale when raising your hips, otherwise discharge your bar or stop exercising.
- 5. Do not accentuate the arch of your back. Also favor the placement of the ball in the back if you have neck pain.