The Kick back is an exercise of insulation of the glutes.
The Kick back is a variation that requires you to have the bust sheathed because you are parallel to the ground and you are in extension on the hands and knees.
You perform a hip extension to the back, it also involved the hamstrings but in a secondary way. Remember to contract voluntarily and visualize your glutes at the effort.
Here are the instructions for the Kick back
- 1. Stand in a quadrupedic position, that is means on your hands and knees (see video).
- 2. The hands are under the shoulders and elbows, imagine a horizontal axis between the three joints. The knees are under the hips. Here is the starting position.
- 3. Keeping the knee bent at 90 °, contract your glutes and raise your right leg up.
- 4. Once at the top, hold the position for two seconds before going down.
- 5. Continue your series the desired number of times on that leg and then change sides.
To go further, here are tips, advice and techniques for the Kick back
- 1. Do not arch your back, focus on the glutes.
- 2. Do not raise your head to protect your neck.
- 3. The knees are fixed during the exercise, they stay bent.
- 4. Take the image of a "kick" upside down.