To accentuate the work on your glutes, stretch your legs is a good method.
Mainly it will be effective for the hamstrings, buttocks and the entire posterior chain.
It will work many other muscles such as : abdominals, adductors, calves, forearms, lats, lumbar, quads, traps and upper back.
Ultra complete, it is one of the best compound exercises to strengthen its posterior chain. Polyarticular and beneficial for a progressive load recovery or a full body strengthening, use it for all your lower body sessions.
Barbell stiff leg dead lift : here are the instructions to perform
- 1. Set the load you want to use on the bar.
- 2. Place your hips at the top of the bar, feet are at the width of the pelvis.
- 3. Lean your bust with your back flat, especially the lower back. Bend your hips and bend your knees and grasp the bar with an alignment equal to your shoulders. The legs are stretched or almost stretched according to your flexibility.
- 4. Bring out the torso, push the feet into the ground and bring the hips forward to raise the bar to their height. Feel a muscle connection in the back of the thigh.
- 5. Again, push your hips and buttocks back with your back flat, slide the bar down your legs to the knee and according to your flexibility.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Barbell stiff leg dead lift, follow our tips, advice and techniques
- 1. The legs are not fully stretched, stay slightly bent at the knees when needed.
- 2. Voluntarily contract the gluteal muscles on the ascent.
- 3. Use a lumbar girdle to secure your back when needed.
- 4. Do not try to go down too low, keep control of the movement, if your back is rounded do not go down further. Do not bend your back.
- 5. Do not pull the bar with your arms and leave them tight during exercise.
- 6. Here your legs are strained, do not charge heavier than your abilities. Adjust the loads gradually to avoid pain and injury.