Plan a bodyweight warm-up consisting of classic squats and lunges.
The Smith machine will help you with regards to the load on the bar and the movement of your back. This exercise strengthens all of your legs and abs.
Adductors, glutes, ischios, calves, quads, a complete panoply for your lower body sessions.
Think about adapting your diet plan to complete your training sessions.
Here is how to perform reverse lunges with smith machine : follow these instructions
- 1. Attach a bar at a shoulder height to a smith machine and set the load.
- 2. Have a step that you place slightly in front of the center of the machine.
- 3. Standing on the step, place the bar on the fleshy part of the shoulders. Your feet are at the width of the pelvis or more spread according to your felt. Contract your abs by aspiring the bellybutton.
- 4. Take a step back, to bend both knees at 90 ° and be on the tip of the foot for the back leg. It is an reverse lunge.
- Push in your legs, contract your glutes and raise the leg to the initial position, then bend the knee in front of you at 90 °. (see video)
- Without setting foot, make the movement again and continue your series.
Follow these guidelines to better achieve the reverse lunges with smith machine
- 1. Keep the bust straight and move only the lower body. The rear foot lands on the ground.
- 2. The leg gap is in the pelvic alignment or more to bring you stability.
- 3. Have a permanent resistance in the elastic.
- 4. For the back leg, be on the tip of the foot to stay in muscle contraction.
- 5. It is important for your knee to align the ankle and knee on the same vertical axis. This prevents discomfort, pain and injury.
- 6. When you raise your leg in front of you, raise your knee to hip height.
- 7. To increase the difficulty, hold the posture for 2 seconds on each end of the movement (toe and knee rise).
- 8. Extra difficulty option : do not step on the ground until the reverse lunge.