On this variant of the squat, we will be interested in the glutes, that is why we are on our knees to be able to accentuate the work on this muscular group. The squat also fully reinforces your quads.
Of course, other secondary muscles are involved : the hamstrings and the hip flexors.
The orientation of the bust is important, it will be necessary to be vigilant to the position of the back.
Here are the instructions to better realize the kneeling squat
- 1. Plan a bar with a predefined load and if you want a carpet for your knees.
- 2. Put yourself on your knees with the toes flat on the floor, the knees are under the hips and the bust is straight.
- 3. Place the barbell on the fleshy part of the shoulders, grip the supine (palm upwards) and tighten.
- 4. Hip flex: tilt the pelvis and buttocks backwards. Go down then according to your abilities.
- 5. Tighten your glutes and push into your thighs to return to the original position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
To help you kneeling squat, here are tips, advice and techniques
- 1. Keep a flat back throughout the exercise especially on the lower back to protect your lumbar. Do not accentuate the natural curvature of your back.
- 2. To get a tight hold of the bar, and during the entire exercise, carefully tighten your shoulder blades.
- 3. If any discomfort occurs in the knees, decrease the amplitude.
- 4. Your look must follow the movement and be natural.
- 5. The thumbs imperatively surround the bar your safety.
- 6. If you can stand near a mirror to observe (in profile), you will notice your posture and correct it.
- 7. If needed, ask for assistance to place and remove the bar.
- 8. In difficulty option you can add an elastic at your hips for resistance.