Here, this is a variation of the classical exercise. The box squat is very trainer and can allow you to familiarize yourself with the technique, too, in case of injury it can help reeducate the knee.
This is the instructions for the box squat
- 1. Place the bar at shoulder height on a rack intended for the squat and a box behind the squat station at about one meter. Then grab the bar and test an empty squat to evaluate the distance of the box and the feasibility of the movement. Adjust accordingly.
- 2. Set the load on the bar.
- 3. Now go for the squat box. In the squat position under the bar, you have your feet with a width shoulder spacing, your knees slightly bent, the bar on the fleshy part of your shoulders. Grab the bar with your palms upwards wider than your shoulders.
- 4. Push in your legs to raise the bar, and remove the safety if there is one.
- 5. Bend your knees, hips and glutes back as if to sit on the box. Brush it and leave.
- 6. Reassemble by pushing in your legs and your heels in the same axis as on the previous phase.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
the box squat : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. We advise you to warm up with squats at the weight of body then with the bar without loads before your sessions.
- 2. The toes and knees are towards the outside.
- 3. Perform slow movements and use break times at the bottom and top of the exercise.
- 4. Your buttocks are going backwards as if you are sitting on a chair.
- 5. Voluntarily contract your glutes and look upward when climbing.
- 6. Do not bend your back.
- 7. The bar is placed on the fleshy part of the shoulders.