With your arms resting forward on the incline seat, this will put more emphasis on the short biceps part. This isolation exercise is recommended for all upper body sessions.
Here is how to perform the curl incline bench with cable and the instructions to follow
- 1. Arrange an inclined bench upside down (back of the bench facing you) and attach a bar in the down position on a pulley machine, then set the load.
- 2. Grasp the supine bar (palm up) and stand behind the seat with the arms resting on the bench. Here is the starting position.
- 3. The arms are lying on the bench (but not stretched to the maximum), go up the bar towards the shoulder by bending your elbows.
- 4. Release muscle tension slowly and extend your arms back to the bench by controlling the gesture.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Tips, advice, techniques here is what you need for the curl incline bench with cable
- 1. Keep a straight posture, the back is flat and the bust is slightly leaning forward to make contact with the seat.
- 2. Do not stretch your arms as much as possible, keep a very slight bend in your elbows when lowering the bar.
- 3. The eccentric phase (descent) is twice as slow as the concentric phase.
- 4. Contract your abdominals so as not to pull with your back and stay still during the execution.
- 5. Raise the bar as high as possible to effectively contract your biceps.