The lower abs with smith machine is perfect to vary your abdominal workout. You should not overload your bar to prevent injury to the pelvis and back.
This is the instructions for the lower abs with smith machine
- 1. Set the load of the bar on a smith machine.
- 2. Lie down on the ground as follows: the back and head are on the ground, your legs are almost stretched, raised 90 ° from your pelvis and are placed under the bar. The feet are spread at hip width.
- 3. Raise the bar slightly to remove the security.
- 4. By contracting your abs, raise your pelvis only, by keeping your upper back on the ground and pushing the bar up.
- 5. Once your maximum reached, go back down by slowly placing the pelvis on the ground.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Lower abs with smith machine : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Voluntarily contract your abs by aspiring your bellybutton.
- 2. Keep your head and shoulder blades on the ground.
- 3. Do not push with your legs but they can intervene to complete the movement. Use only the pelvis.
- 4. Think about the accuracy and not the speed of your movement. Be precise and slow.
- 5. Knees may be slightly bent for comfort.
- 6. Be careful of your back, it should not bend.