Here is a new variant of the biceps curl supination grip. The position of the body allows you to fully isolate your biceps, because no other muscle can be engaged.
Useful for developing your arms, this exercise is to include in your upper body sessions.
It takes place in three consecutive series with three different grips :
A first set in tightened grip to emphasize the outer part of the biceps.
A second shoulder width grip for a classic movement on both sides (short and long head) of the biceps.
A last in wide grip (wider than the shoulders) to promote the inner part.
To realize the movement of the biceps 7x7x7 incline bench
- 1. Arrange a bar and set the load.
- 2. Sit in front of an inclined bench for the biceps with the bust and upper legs in contact with the seat. Leave the chest and shoulders in the void above the bench. The feet are ideally on the ground.
- 3. Grasp the bar in supine and narrow grip (palm up). Then let your arms hang perpendicular to the ground.
- 4. Raise the bar towards the shoulder as high as possible to contract the muscle.
- 5. Slowly lower the bar and return to the home position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating 7 times the movement.
- 8. Run a new series in shoulder width on 7 repetitions.
- 9. Make the last series in wide grip and always on 7 repetitions.
Here are our tips, advice, techniques to go further on the biceps curl bench incline bar
- 1. Do not pull with your back when bringing the bar back to you.
- 2. Keep a motionless posture, only the forearms move.
- 3. Keep feet anchored to the ground.
- 4. Fully control the movement, if the bar is unstable, unload it.
- 5. Watch your wrists, keep them steady during movement.
- 6. The elbows are locked.
- 7. Adjust the spacing of the grips according to how they feel.
- 8. Chain the 3 sets without recovery time.