The bicep curl at the bar in 7x7x7 is a great exercise for advanced people. You can also do it if you are beginner or intermediate but with lighter weights and adapted to your level.
Here it is an insulation exercise that allows to vary the working angles and vary the short and long portions of the biceps.
We will have three angles to work consecutively and without stopping.
Here are the basic guidelines for performing biceps in series
- 1. Load an EZ bar for the biceps and sit for the exercise. Standing, feet at pelvis width, knees bent, and bar held supine with arms outstretched and close to the body. For each working angle, make 7 repetitions.
- 2. First working angle : contract your biceps and raise the bar to the height of the elbow. Then return to the starting position.
- 3. Second working angle : on the same horizontal axis as your elbow, up to shoulder height.
- 4. Third angle of work : in full amplitude, from the bottom of the position your arms are almost stretched. Climb the bar up to shoulder height.
To help you go further here are our tips, advice and techniques for biceps in series
- 1. Chain the three angles without stopping.
- 2. Always keep elbows close to the body.
- 3. Keep your elbows as tight as possible.
- 4. Do not use your back, only the forearms move.
- 5. Look in front of you to keep your back flat.
- 6. Do not overtighten the bar so as not to overload your forearms.
- 7. You must stay still and not swing.
- 8. Do not give jerks or momentum, fully control the movement.