The front bar allows you to work on a different angle, to have other feelings on your triceps. Get out of your comfort zone on the classic exercises and make this variations.
This triceps isolation exercise is used for upper body sessions. This is an effective variant for progression.
The balance will play an important role, the bar will be close to your head and you will have to control the movement with precision.
Here are the instructions for front bar
- 1. Set the load on your bar.
- 2. Sit on a flat bench with the bar on your thighs.
- 3. Slowly, tilt your legs towards you, while lying down and with control, to bring the back against the bench and the bar towards your chest.
- 4. Grab the bar with a shoulder width space, with the back of your hands facing you. And place it above your chest.
- 5. Bend your elbows and bring the bar toward the back of your head.
- 6. Return to the initial position by extending the elbows.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Front bar : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. It is better to be assisted to put you in starting position with the bar. Especially for beginners.
- 2. Keep your elbows close to the body in a way to only move the joint but not its position. Do not spread them.
- 3. Choose a short bar, and right if you are a beginner.
- 4. Keep your head flat on the bench